Friday, July 8, 2011

Our Trip to Splash Universe

At the end of April, we got to take a trip with some of my friends to a hotel that had a water park. Mama and Daddy kept it a surprise till right before it was time to go, but that is okay. I was super excited to be hanging out with my friends.  On the way to the hotel I got to see lots of horses and buggies. Mama and Daddy talked to me about Amish people and that they use horses and buggies like we use cars.

When we got the hotel we had to wait to check in, but my friends and I discovered these neat-o rocking horses. (By the way, Mama says sorry for the poorer than usual pictures. We left the camera at home and she was using her phone to take the pictures).

We had an AWESOME room! Mama and Daddy had their own bed and TV (you can just see their bed on the edge of the picture) and I had two sets of bunk beds and my own TV! I couldn't decide which bed I wanted, so I had to try them all out. Here I am pretending to be asleep.

At first I wasn't too sure about the water, though I was excited to be there. We tried the lazy river, but I didn't like it so much, especially after accidentally getting dunked. I didn't mind the little water slides too much, but I "strongly disliked" the large bucked that would dump water every few minutes. A couple times it knocked me down, and that was no fun.  While I avoided that for quite a while, I did get my courage back and I figured out how to time that bucket splash. I would hurry to get up to the slides and go down before it would dump again.

The next morning I decided I wanted to try the big water slide, so I went down with Daddy.  The first time was really fun! So, I asked Daddy if he'd take me again.  That time wasn't so fun.  Daddy says he wasn't on the tube right, so right after we started going down it slipped out from under him and we went down the slide on Daddy's back.  At the bottom we landed in the pool. That's where this picture happened.  Mama was waiting for us to come out and the tube came out without us! Then we came out and KER-SPLAT into the water.

Overall, I think my favorite part was the kiddie pool. Here I am just a relaxing...

Here I am getting ready to go down the kiddie-slide...

That was so cool! I'm going to do it again!

And this time my friend E and I decided we would go down it together!

I was pretty sad when it was time to leave. But I did have lots of fun and I keep talking about it. Maybe some other time we'll be able to go back.

1 comment:

Aunt Pookie said...

That place looks like fun!! And Mama (or better yet, Sister), it's ok on the pictures, we understand you forgot the camera! At least you didn't have to worry about it getting wet!

Aunt Pookie