Monday, April 25, 2011

Maple Syrup Time

Oooo... once the weather started to warm up, Daddy discovered that a local forest preserve was doing a expo on the making of Maple Syrup. So, we hopped in the car and headed over there.

One of the activities I could do was to decorate a tree cookie. I was sad to discover it wasn't an actual cookie I could eat, but I did have fun making my very own necklace from a piece of tree!


I was also able to get my face painted. I picked an oak leaf.  As you can see, I was very serious about this business...

After those activities, we took a hay ride out to the maple grove and listened to a volunteer tell us about the sap in the trees and how they get it out.  Then, the kids were able to help drill a new hole. I thought it was pretty neat!

Here's Mama and I outside the maple house, were we got to see the people boiling out the water from the sap.

No comments: