Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas, Christmas Time is Here

I have been waiting aaallllll month for Christmas! I started talking about it as soon as we started decorating and I made sure to ask Mama and Daddy every day if it was Christmas yet. I had a particularly rough spot the first time it snowed... I was *sure* it was Christmas because of the snow. But, alas, I still had to wait.

I still had a good time, though. I had fun with Sassy, Santa's elf who comes to visit me every year. Sassy gets into mischief a lot!! I got to draw on the windows with window crayons and Mama and I painted sun catchers to hang in the windows. We went downtown to watch the living nativity. Daddy and I built a snowman once we had enough of the right kind of snow, and I got to put a carrot nose on him!

Christmas Eve Mama made cookies. Here I am helping to smoosh them...

Christmas morning I woke up and checked out my stocking. I wanted my Christmas banana right away, and I think it was the best banana I've ever had.

We opened presents...
( I just *LOVED* my princess tutu and tiara. I wore it all morning and even over to Grandma C and Grandpa D's house!)

Awesome!! A basketball hoop!


And a drum! I eventually convinced Aunt T to show me how to play it. And, while I think the drum is great, I was totally fascinated by the harmonica that came with it. At first I wasn't sure what to do, but eventually with the help of Aunt Pookie, I kinda figured it out.

Mama was joking after I got the tool set that I was a "tutu wearing-basketball playing-fixer upper". I just figure I'll keep my options open...

1 comment:

Aunt T said...

I had such a great time playing with you Pumpkin! You really got the hang of the drums and harmonica! Have fun with all your new toys and we will see you soon!

Love ya!
Aunt T