Monday, October 12, 2009

My Trip to the Apple Orchard

Mama, Daddy, Grandpa D, and I took a trip to a local apple orchard. At first we didn't think we'd be able to go because it was raining, but in the afternoon the rain cleared up and we decided to chance it.

The first thing we did was take a wagon ride through the apple orchard. Here we are waiting to leave. It was actually kinda hard to take pictures since every time Mama went to snap a picture the sun decided to shine!


Grandpa D took this picture of Daddy, me, and Mama when were were stopped for a minute to let some people on at one of the apple rows.


After the wagon ride I got to do a lot of other fun things. There was a giant jumping pillow that I just loved! I think I could have stayed here and I would have been happy.
After a short jaunt home to change mine and Daddy's clothes (don't ask! I don't want to relive that fiasco!), we came back and Mama talked me into trying this thing out:
Yep, it's a great big super-gigantic slide down the side of a hill. But I wasn't scared at all. I just climbed up that hill, waited my turn, and voila!:


I also checked out the little apple train...

And, of course, you can't go to the apple orchard without having apple cider and cinnamon-sugar donuts. YUM!

Grandpa D also told me I could pick out a pumpkin to take home. I dragged Grandpa all over the "pumpkin patch" to find just the right pumpkin. I finally picked one out that was adequate and Grandpa put it in my wagon.


I pulled that pumpkin all by myself. And when we had it weighed it came in at 19+ pounds! Yep, I definitely had fun.

1 comment:

Aunt Pookie said...

It looks like you had a blast, pumpkin!! You were definately in the right place!

Love,
Aunt Pookie